Thursday, May 26, 2011

Consolation Prize!

Mango Smoothie
Have you ever had one of those days?

One of those days that gets so aggravating that you want to buy a half gallon of ice cream (preferably chocolate with all sorts of chunks in it) and go somewhere quiet and eat it all yourself?

Well today, more specifically earlier this evening was it for me. I don't eat sugar nor do I eat artificial sweeteners so I would have had to make major compromises eating the ice cream.  I decided that I didn't want to do anything self-destructive, it wouldn't change anything and would actually make things worse.

So I made a Mango Smoothie instead, it doesn't look like much but it was wonderful. I took 1 ripe mango, 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream, 1/2 cup of milk and 1 cup of ice and whipped it up in the blender. And I actually shared. 

Old habits die hard and one of my old habits was to use food for comfort, it works in the short term but then you are left with the original problem compounded by a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment