Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sugar

Here are the links that I referenced at today's Nutrition Connect.

Dr. Robert Lustig's  Sugar The Bitter Truth and Gary Taubes' NYT article Is Sugar Toxic?

I know that this is going to be really hard for a lot of people, sugar is near and dear to a lot of hearts. Read the article and watch the video (warning it is 90 minutes long) and decide for yourself.

I also highly recommend that you read Gary Taubes' book Good Calories Bad Calories it is going to make you rethink about all that you have learned about nutrition. Gary stated in the book (which took him 5 years of research in order to write) that when he started he had no idea that he would come to the conclusions that he did.

This is tough for me because not only have I had a love affair with sugar for the majority of my life, I am a nutritionist, I have been feeding my family and myself according to what I have been taught and thought to be true since 1997.

Please post your comments and email questions, if I can answer them I will, if I can't I will find someone who can.

No comments:

Post a Comment